Let’s face it, we all have one. An empowering, wake-me-up and grab-today-by-the-balls playlist. I mostly use mine to wake myself up in the morning; particularly when I’m bleary-eyed and half asleep during my morning commute. However, my playlist also serves another purpose. It may sound strange, but if I’m having a bad day, or if everything goes monumentally wrong, I listen to my playlist, remind myself that I am a feminist, and suddenly the world seems a less bleak place. As for the rest of the time, I am not ashamed to say that I am a big fan of strutting; and my feminist playlist is the perfect companion to this very satisfying pastime. Enjoy!
1. AKA the reason no one will ever be able to utter the word ‘question’ without being serenaded with ‘tell me what you think about me.’
2. HOT STUFF.
3. Because they really do.
4. I’m every woman…
5. Let’s go, girls.
6. Just because.
7. Any song that samples Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s incredible TED talk gets my approval.
8. I don’t want no scrub.
9. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
12. This is for my girls all around the world.
13. First I was afraid, I was petrified….
14. WHO RUN THIS MUTHA.
15. I don’t give a damn about my bad reputation!